Contacting CRIME STOPPERS
Q: How do I provide an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers?
A: There are several ways to make a tip:
- Call us locally at 817-469-TIPS (8477) or toll-free at 877-469-TIPS (8477). All calls are answered by the Crime Stoppers of Tarrant County Call Center, the anonymous hotline serving Tarrant County citizens. Please provide as much information as you can. Crime Stoppers only pays for tips leading to an arrest and/or clearing of a criminal case so the more information you provide, the greater likelihood that an arrest or case cleared will result. You will not be asked to provide your name or personal information.
- Submit a tip online. Click here to make a tip involving crimes in your community or click here to make a tip involving a crime in your school.
- Chat live with Crime Stoppers, anonymously. Go to the homepage and click the “Chat” button. You will be assigned the alias of ‘Tipster’ to protect your anonymity. Your conversation will remain anonymous. You may report tips, check status, or ask questions about the program.
- Download the “P3 Tips” Mobile App.To contact Crime Stoppers using your smart phone, you may download the ‘P3 Tips’ mobile app for free from the Apple App Store or Android Market (Google Play) Store. Through the app, you will have unlimited message length and may submit images and videos.
- Download the “CCS FFL” Mobile App.To contact Campus Crime Stoppers or Friends for Life using your smart phone, you may download the ‘CCS FFL’ mobile app for free from the Apple App Store or Android Market (Google Play) Store. Through the app, you will have unlimited message length and may submit images and videos. This app is for reports or concerns that involves an issue and/or student(s) in a Tarrant County school.
In the event of an emergency, dial 911 and report it immediately. Crime Stoppers is NOT a substitute for emergency services. If you are a victim of crime, you should report it to your local police department.
Definition of a Tip
Q: What is a tip?
A: Crime Stoppers tips information about unsolved crimes, wanted fugitives, narcotics, weapon possession, hit & runs, missing persons, robberies and other felony offenses. Only tips received through the Crime Stoppers hotline, website, text message, live chat, or mobile app are eligible for Crime Stoppers rewards.
Q: What is not considered a tip?
A: The Crime Stoppers program is not a substitute for the 9-1-1 emergency system. In the event of an emergency, tipsters are encouraged to call the 9-1-1 emergency system immediately!
The Crime Stoppers reward system is intended to be an anonymous one, where there are no face-to-face communications.
Crime Stoppers offers rewards to those persons who provide crime-solving tips directly to Crime Stoppers in an anonymous manner. Those who do not comply with this condition of a reward offer are not legally entitled to receive a Crime Stoppers reward.
Crime Stoppers cannot promise to keep an informant’s identity a secret if Crime Stoppers has seen the informant face-to-face or if the informant has given her/his name to Crime Stoppers, because the informant is only “confidential”, not “anonymous.
Collecting a Reward
Q: How do I know if I am eligible to receive a reward?
A: Contact the Crime Stoppers hotline, 817-469-TIPS (8477), to update your tip information or to check status on your reward. Please have your tip number ready as no information will be provided to you without it. The Call Center will let you know if an arrest has been made and a reward is available or the status of the investigation.
Q: How do I collect my reward?
A: After you check the status of your tip and verified that you are eligible to receive a reward, the Call Center will provide you with instructions for collecting your reward from the bank. You will not need to provide personal identification to the bank; you will be receiving cash.
Donations and Sponsorships
Q: How do I make a court-ordered payment?
A: Contact Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477 and ask to speak with the Program Director for more details. A receipt for your records will be available upon request.
Q: How do I donate to Crime Stoppers or sponsor a Crime Stoppers event?
A: Please contact 817-885-7774 for more information. Safe City Commission is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt organization. Thank you in advance for your support!